Human Chain Against Coal Mining in the Garzweiler II Open Brown Coal Pit
Germany, April 24 2015 - With our human chain, we want to give greater momentum to the popular citizens’ movement in their protest against open-pit coal mining and provide support for the local resistance groups. Join the human chain on 25 April 2015 and attend the subsequent rally and concert to show the coal excavators and the climate killers that it’s time to stop.
Together we can stand up to the coal lobby!
That’s why we need to act:
- Burning coal destroys the world’s climate. North Rhine-Westphalia alone is responsible for one third of German CO2 emissions.
- Coal-burning power plants destroy entire villages and landscapes. For the Garzweiler II open-pit mine alone, RWE wants to force another 3,000 people in 12 villages and hamlets to relocate against their will.
- Coal-burning power plants endanger our health by releasing mercury, arsenic and particulate matter into the atmosphere from the chimneys of the coal-burning power plants.
Act now! Join the human chain!
Afterwards there will be a manifestation + concert at 5 p.m.
- Join the humain chain against coal and come to Garzweiler!
- Sign our petition
- Order the newsletter (in German only)
- Promote our website: http://anti-kohle-kette.de/en
- If you have any questions about the anti-coal chain, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with the Coordination Office: info(at)anti-kohle-kette.de
- Here you can find background information about the open pit Garzweiler II
- Become an official supporter of the human chain (in German only!): info(at)anti-kohle-kette.de
- Share our tweet on Twitter: Phase out coal! Save the climate! Join the human chain in Rhineland! #endcoal http://anti-kohle-kette.de/en/
- Share the event on facebook and join the protest.
Human Chain Against Coal Mining in the Garzweiler II Open Brown Coal Pit Reviewed by Olumide Idowu on Friday, April 24, 2015 Rating: